So you want to Lower your Gaze?
These are some very important guidelines for protecting one’s gaze. I will present them here. Do try and read them once daily with the intention of reformation.
Accordingly, it seems appropriate to mention the cure and remedy to all the harms which come with it. Consequently, one can protect one’s gaze by adhering to the following practices:
1. When women are passing by, keep the gaze low no matter how much one has an urge to look. If your gaze accidentally falls on someone, immediately lower it no matter how difficult it is, even if there is fear of losing your life.
2. Perform a minimum of two Rakaats for every evil glance and also give some money to charity according to your means. Repent excessively.
If you haven’t had the chance yet, see it now on how to repent to Allah the right way.
3. Completely abstain from intermingling with the opposite sex or anyone to whom one is sexually attracted to.
4. Do not read love poems or novels. Abstain completely from cinema, television, videos, unnecessary “surfing” on the Internet and all pornography.
5. Stay away from the environment of nudity and disobedience. Do not adopt the company of those who are involved in the disobedience of Allah.
By practicing the above-mentioned guidelines, Insha- Allah, your Nafs will come under control.
Your heart and soul will perceive such rewards that will bring ecstasy to your soul all the time. The heart will experience such tranquility that even the kings do not dream of. It will seem as if a life of hell has been changed into a heavenly life.
Ibn Abi Dunya narrates on the authority of Abu Hurairah that Rasulullah said:
“Every eye shall weep on the Day of Judgment except for the eye which was lowered from unlawful glances and that eye which stayed awake in the path of Allah and that eye which shed tears in the fear of Allah (even if tear be as small as the head of a fly).” (Tafseer Ibn Katheer: Sura Nur, Ayat 30)
May Allah Ta’ala grant us the ability to practice upon what has been mentioned.
One More Thing: Please share! It is an ongoing charity for me and you. I pray that Allah accept our effort and protect us. May He (swt) make our actions sincerely for His sake and include them on our scale of good deeds on the Day of Judgement. Aamen,