Al-Muzzammil takes its name from the reference to the Islamic prophet Muhammad, in his cloak praying at night, in the opening verses of the Sura. Many commentators claim that “The Enfolded One” is a name for Muhammad, used throughout the Qur’an.
In the beginning of this Sura, Allah prepares Muhammad for an important revelation. In preparation for this revelation, Allah loosens the strict regulation on night prayer. Muhammad is then instructed to be patient for the disbelievers will be punished in Hell, as exemplified by a story of Pharaoh’s punishment.
Benefits of reciting Surah al-Muzammil
- It is narrated from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) that a person who recites this surah will never face bad times.
- The person who recites it in the Isha or Tahajjud prayers always remains pure of heart and even dies while he is in a pure state.
- Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said that a person who recites this surah properly will get a chance to meet the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) and if he prays for something from Allah (s.w.t.) he will get it.
- Reciting surah al-Muzammil a hundred times on Thursday night leads to the forgiving of a hundred major sins and procures a hundred rewards.
- Recitation of this surah protects one from insanity and from being a slave to people.
One More Thing: Please share! It is an ongoing charity for me and you. I pray that Allah accept our effort and protect us. May He (swt) make our actions sincerely for His sake and include them on our scale of good deeds on the Day of Judgement. Aamen,