Last updated on February 18th, 2018 at 05:46 am
Surah al-Hadid (Arabic: سورة الحديد) is the 57th chapter of the Quran. Hadid, meaning ‘Iron’, is the 57th chapter of the Qur’an with 29 verses. This chapter is named for the word Iron which appears in the 25th verse. This sura is a Al-Musabbihat sura because it begins with the glorification of Allah.
Benefits of Reciting Surah al-Hadid
- Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a.s.) has said that whoever recites all the surahs that start with Tasbih of Allah (s.w.t.) before going to sleep, will have the honour of being a neighbour of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.).
- It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq that if Surah al-Hadid and al-Mujadilah are recited in the faraa’idh (compulsory prayers) frequently, then the reciter will never face any punishment of Allah (s.w.t.) in this world and will not see any evil from his family.
- If recited by a prisoner, he will be released soon.
- And if worn on the neck as a talisman, the wearer will not be killed in war.
- This surah also makes one courageous.
You may also like: