Surah ad-Dukhan is a ‘makki’ surah and it vontains 59 ayaat.
- It is narrated from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) that if this surah is recited at night, then seventy thousand angels pray to Allah (s.w.t.) to forgive the sins of the reciter.
- If recited on Thursday nights, all sins are forgiven and houses are built for the reciter in Jannah.
- The reward for reciting each letter of this surah is equal to that of freeing a thousand slaves for seeking the pleasure of Allah (s.w.t.).
- Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a.s.) said that whoever recites surah ad-Dukhan in his faraa’idh (compulsory prayers) will be protected from the torment of the Day of Judgement and will easily be able to give his accounts. His book of deeds will also be given to him in his right hand.
- If kept in one’s possession, this surah acts as a protection from the plots of Shaitan.
- If kept under one’s pillow before sleeping at night, there will be no suffering from nightmares and one will always get good dreams.
- Keeping this surah in a place of business makes the trade prosper by the will of Allah.
- Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) has said that keeping this surah as a talisman ensures protection from the authorities and makes people fond of the wearer.
- Drinking water in which this surah has been dissolved is a cure for all ailments related to the stomach.
May Allah grant us success!