Surah al-Mumtahanah was revealed in Makkah and it contains 13 verses. Below are the benefits of reciting this surah:
- It is narrated from Imam Ali Zainul Abideen (a.s.) that if a person recites this surah in any of his prayers (salaat), his heart will become filled with faith and belief.
- On the Day of Judgement, all the believing men and women will pray for him to be forgiven by Allah (s.w.t.).
- Recitation of this surah increases the acuity of vision and protects the reciter and his children from insanity.
- The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) has said that angels send salutations and pray for the forgiveness of the one who recites this surah. If he dies on that day then he will have died as a martyr.
- Drinking water in which this surah has been dissolved also acts as a cure for some ailments.
May Allah make reading the Quran our habit.
One More Thing: Please share! It is an ongoing charity for me and you. I pray that Allah accept our effort and protect us. May He (swt) make our actions sincerely for His sake and include them on our scale of good deeds on the Day of Judgement. Aamen,