There are 22 ayaat in this surah and it was revealed in Madinah.
- The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said that the one who recites this surah will be from among the thankful servants of Allah (s.w.t.) on the Day of Judgement.
- If surah al-Mujadilah is recited near a sick person, or worn by the sick person as a talisman, he will be cured of his illness.
- If recited on anything that has been buried in the ground, it will remain protected until the person himself removes it.
- Reciting this surah brings a feeling of ease to a restless person.
- Constant recitation also protects one from thieves.
- Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) has said that recitation of this surah keeps one safe from the evil designs of Jinn and men.
- If recited on dust or sand and then thrown towards the enemy, he is easily overcome.